Thursday, January 16, 2014

Retail Therapy

I've been collecting irreverence for many years, and among my stash is a small group of Art Impressions images. I finally broke out the cash-carrying Grandma and made this:


This card is a series of happy accidents, or maybe it's just how my world works. I had chosen that piece of orange-y striped paper from The Heaplet, and needed just the right color for her nightgown. The greenish color you see there is totally manufactured by indecision. I started with Copic Y13, and decided it was toooo yellow, so I went over it with BG34, and then it was tooo green, so I added some B04 to blue it up a bit. See? Totally manufactured.

Then, even though I'd used black in for the image and house coat, I pulled out a piece of brown dotted card stock, also from The Heaplet, and decided it would work for a layer under the image. Not only did I have to use brown ink for the sentiment, but the dots on that brown piece look (gah) pink to me! Well, at least it's outta here now, except for the 3 other pieces still in The Heaplet. Sigh.

And those earrings? I accidentally colored one of them skin color, so I had to color them both skin-color, then make it look like I meant to do that, so I covered them with an orange glaze pen. It's quite shocking and shiny.

Then, I realized my fake money is in a box in the garage somewhere, so I had to copy the stamp package to get the fake money to cut out and stick into a slit in the white layer. When I stuck the white layer down, I was careful not to get too close to the slit so the person who buys this* can just replace it with real cash.

Thanks for stopping by!

* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I crack myself up. My Etsy store is dead (see that big white space in the right side-bar?) There is NOTHING in my store! I hope to fix that shortly, but still ...

Products used: SU Dimensionals, misc card stock and paper, and the following:


5 comments:

  1. So....you have a box of fake money in your garage, eh? So that's how you afford your lavish lifestyle! ;-) Granny is adorable and I like the accidental color of her nightgown. Your happy accidents are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe I love that grandma with her shiny earrings, robe and fuzzy slippers. All those "ooops" moments add up to a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy accidents are a sign of genius. (Ok, that's what I always say. *koff* That's my story and I'm sticking with it.) Love everything about this card! (and also that you have a box of fake money in your garage!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok....laughing about the fake money in your garage ...
    and Jackie's comment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)