Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SOS #135: Winter Blues

It's Tuesday, which means it's time for a new Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week's theme is Winter Blues, and we'd like you to use blue as the main color on your project. You can use other colors, but we should see "blue" when we look at your project.

I lucked out here. One of my crafty pals gave me a stack of Hero Arts card stock and paper, and one of the pieces was BLUE! I made this:


This was too easy. I broke out one of my Hero Arts OWH sets and used the cute elephants as my image. I stamped them onto a piece of (gah) pink Core'dinations card stock. I was looking for grey, and this was actually the closest I could get. The card stock is textured, and therefore it's tricky to get a good stamped image. I used my Memento Luxe Black since it's the wettest ink I have, and I held it down for a while to make sure all the ink hit the card stock. Then I cut it out and stuck it down to a circle I die-cut using my Lil' Inker circle dies.

Except for the "waiting for ink to dry" part, this card came together in a jiffy. I love when that happens.

I think you should play along! Pull out some blue stuff from your stash, make something, then come over to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker stitched circle dies, Core'dination Beach/Whitewash card stock, and the following:




8 comments:

  1. holy moly! those elephants are sooooooooooo SO SOSOSOSO cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! this is the PERFECT owh card! (plus it's ERY blue indeed!!!) well done, missus! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue paper! And those elephants....just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love those little elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' cute are those elephants! What a fabulous CAS card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww those elephants are so cute, love your background paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sentiment! And those ELEPHANTS! Utter adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Leslie,

    This is too adorable! I love the image, sentiment and wonderful CAS design! I think the pink works and it looks grey on my MAC, so if I hadn't read your blog, I would have never known. Nice project!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! The elephants are adorable and the card is certainly BLUE :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)