Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Day At A Time

I don't like to make sympathy cards. I don't know many people that do. Unfortunately I needed one this week, and since I'd recently re-discovered my lost bag of go-to stamps, I pulled out my trusty Sympathy set and made this:


There are five stamps here: the words are all one stamp (like I could ever get them that straight), and the squares are individual stamps. I got these at a now-closed LSS back in Maryland many, many years ago. I used to use them with the 2007 SU In Colors, since they are muted and perfect for a sympathy card, but right now the inks are missing in action (probably in a box in the garage, in questionable condition), so I went with brighter colors for this one. Who says a sympathy card needs to be dull?

The inks are all Luxe inks, so they are embossable, but I chose to only emboss the words, and just let the small squares dry. I made the purple layer by using a sponge dauber to apply the same purple ink I'd used for the words to a piece of cream card stock. A perfect match!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Endless Creations stamps: Kind Words, Tulip, (can't find the other three squares); SU dimensionals, misc cream card stock, vat of clear EP, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. I like the bright colors, that's a beautiful card. As much as I am committed to NO MORE INK, those Luxe inks sure are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you needed a sympathy card, missus, but i'm pretty sure there is NO category of greeting that is more appreciated! (& yeah, bright colors are awesome... i think a beautiful card of any kind is the best way to go in this situation!) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are the hardest to make for sure...but yours is really lovely, I like that you used brighter colours

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)