Saturday, January 25, 2014

CASE #7 - Comforting Hugs

Amidst all the challenges I've printed out for this weekend, I've also printed some cards I've seen that I want to CASE. This card was on the list, and here's my version:

My card was photographed at an angle (read: wonkier than normal)
because it refused to show the inside edge any other way. ;/ 

I loved how she had the three band-aids hanging over the trimmed card front, and that's what drove me to CASE it. I found some old old old Hero Arts Ocean Tsumugi notecards* and needed to use them. Unpacking can be so inspirational sometimes. :)

I trimmed off about 1/4" from the card front and put a piece of washi tape on the inside edge. I also cut a thin strip of SU Poppy Parade card stock to put along the front edge before I added the band-aids.

The band-aids were stamped with memento Black ink onto white card stock and colored with a Copic. I die-cut some hearts from the same Poppy Parade card stock and put those in the centers.

Since the card base is textured, the sentiment didn't stamp completely, so I used my Multi-liner to fill in a few spots. Also, the card stock isn't white on the inside, so I cut a white panel and put it to the left of the washi tape so the sender has somewhere to write a personal message.

I like it! Now if only I could come up with these ideas myself. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!

* I can't find any Hero Arts Tsumugi cards online, but I can find Tsumugi paper. Note to self: do not collect. I repeat: DO NOT COLLECT! 

Products used: SU Poppy Parade card stock, SU mini glue dots, HA Ocean Tsumugi notecards, misc washi tape, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. A) I love this card, those bandaids!
    B) do not collect...snicker.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable. Those little band-aids are so cute and I'm glad to see some washi tape making an appearance again.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)