Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sag ... You're It

I'm still unpacking, and the re-discovery of pieces of my irreverence collection can be inspiring. Also, one of my tweeps mentioned "sagging", so when I found this cranky lady stamp in a box, I knew this card needed to be made:


All the papers were from The Heaplet. I refuse to color her dress, so I paper-piece her instead. Yeah, it's a bit of fussy-cutting, but I like the look.

To get her arms sticking out over the edge of the white strip, I stamped her on white, then trimmed the piece down with my trimmer, and used a craft knife to do the closer bit of cutting where I was afraid I'd hack off one of her arms. Then I fussy-cut the arms, leaving the Copic outline coloring.

I was following a sketch (omgosh, it's current!) from Unscripted Sketches:


which I flipped, because I didn't want her to be looking off the left edge of the card. And the card is only 4" wide, so it will still fit in an envelope with the sentiment sticking off the left edge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lady is from Art Impressions (P1949); sentiment is from River City Rubber Works; miscellaneous papers; Nestabilities tag dies; craft knife; and the following:


8 comments:

  1. Oh good lord, you have the best collection of irreverence EVER. that sentiment made me actually LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gawd! This card made me snort and laugh and feel self conscious about my body. But I love it! The paper piecing on her dress was the best way to handle it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - first of all, thanks for the laugh! Love this card in general and also in your details. Love the dotted dress and the RED lips. So fun!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!!! I love how you flipped the sketch to meet your needs. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap! I just spit out my tea! OMG, I'm laughing so hard at this card! This is snarky perfection! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's pretty hilarious! Very good use of fussy cutting! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)