Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ABNH - New Year, New Stash


It's the 15th, and time for a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. For this challenge we ask you to break out some of your new stash and use it! HA! Don't have to ask me twice. Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I broke out my new Hero Arts Triangle background die and cut it out of a piece of white card stock. I then used a blending tool to apply three different Hero Arts shadow inks (the Dark Quartz was new) to another piece of white card stock, and stuck it behind the die-cut piece.

The great thing is you don't need to be neat and perfect about how you apply the inks since it will be mostly covered up, and I like that! All that unevenness looks good to me! :)

I also opened and used my new Hero Arts A Little stamp set. I love that it's so easy to line up your word of choice in the space. I chose to use the word HUG and colored the spaces with one of my Wink of Stella fine-point pens.

The background was a full 1/4 sheet, but it was too much for one card, so I cut it in half and got two cards out of it. Here is the second part, with the triangles going in the other direction:



I layered the triangle pieces onto some Hero Arts Blush layering papers and added a narrow strip of Charcoal layering papers for some contrast.  Oh, and yes, I did fussy-cut the rectangle sentiment. :) Aesthetically, perhaps a circle would have been better than the rectangle for a sentiment, but to make up for it I chomped the top corner for something round.

So, did you get any new Hero Arts goodies? Why not use them and pop over to A Blog Named Hero to link up? There's a $25 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp up for grabs!



Thanks for stopping by!








1 comment:

  1. I don't really have any new stash, but I do like what you've done with yours. I spied that new die in their catalog and it's on my gotta-have-it list. Your package came today - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)