Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birthday Cards

As I pondered my list of card challenges for this weekend, I spotted this one from Seize The Birthday:

and then I spied a pile of crocheted die-cuts that the sweet Jessi sent me, and this is what came out:


Well, that's one of them. I actually made seven, so to save a few bits and bytes, I'm going to pair them up for you. I had two shapes of that color so I made two cards with the same papers:


I die-cut some black circles and ovals to fit into the shapes, then cut some white ones to fit inside those.

All of them got black mats under the pretty papers. I just cut off a 1" strip off the paper and left some black showing.

My biggest concern was finding birthday sentiments to fit in all the shapes, but I got lucky in that the one Hero Arts message fit in all of the shapes. Sweet.

I only had one of this color:


These crocheted pieces are something I thought I could do, but try as I might I haven't gotten as good as Jessi.  Here is one up close and personal:

Sigh, such talent. Not that I don't have all the supplies to make these, because you know I do! Just not the patience.

So seven cards for OWH, and for the Seize the Birthday challenge.

I'm going back in for more; thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU Basic Black card stock, Nestabilities Circles, Nestabilities Ovals, Memory Box Rhubarb Tart 6x6 papers.




4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! they are all fantastic!!! love the crocheted die cuts :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the texture with the crocheted die cuts is really great!!! So many pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are lovely and those crocheted die cuts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *blushing*
    You rocked them! And hooray for not hoarding them :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)