Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chevron Birthday

It's the weekend, so I've printed out several pages of challenges to tackle. It's also President's Day Weekend, which means the OWH Virtual Card-Making Party (VCMP) has begun! Every few hours a new challenge will be posted by an OWH blogger, and you'll have until Feb 25th to post your cards. Psst: I'm up at 8 pm tonight. :D

The first OWH challenge is to use zig zags, aka: chevrons, and since the first card I made today was a CASE of Jess's card at the Simon Says Stamp blog, I made mine with Chevrons, and this is what came out:

Three different colors of ink on one background stamp, some black layers, and boom - done.

The lack of bling in the top right corner was making me twitchy, and I actually had some black pearls in my paws, but I decided to go with a "less is more" approach and just rounded the corner instead.

Okay, I have lots on my plate today, so I'll be stamping instead of doing any of it. Domesticity is so overrated.  I'm off to stamp!

Thanks for stopping by!




12 comments:

  1. I love the softness of this and glad you survived the 'bling' twitch!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie I love your card, the clean simplicity is wonderful! I've been working on using patterned papers from my stash and I think this layout would work great for that too, nice!
    Thanks for the inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Okay, I have lots on my plate today, so I'll be stamping instead of doing any of it. Domesticity is so overrated. I'm off to stamp!" Best quote ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I love the soft gradiant and the black layers for contrast. What a cool card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeee-u-ti-ful! I can see I really need to add some Hero Arts colors to my collection to play with gradients and hombres. Really appreciate all of your links to supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beeee-u-ti-ful! I can see I really need to add some Hero Arts colors to my collection to play with gradients and hombres. Really appreciate all of your links to supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I think less is more is better here. This is super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! I'm going to get by with as few chores this weekend as possible. I love the different inks you used on the chevrons and the simplicity of your card is just wonderful. Really elegant! Thanks for playing along in my challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I like your placement of the bling, too. I have that stamp and I don't think I've inked it up once. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! I need to try that technique of graduated colors on a stamp. Adding it to my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the soft colors that increase intensity to the brighter colors near the sentiment banner. This really makes the sentiment pop.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)