Sunday, February 17, 2013

Got Washi?

I played another OWH VCMP challenge, this one is to use washi tape. Um okay, I just might have some of that, but I needed a starting point. I went to my DO THESE CHALLENGES THIS WEEKEND pile to see if any sketches would work, and the current MFT sketch caught my eye:


Next, I needed a color. So I went back to my pile of challenges and found three color challenges, selected washi tape for each of them, and got started.

Here's the first card:


I used three pieces of tape - light grey, dark grey and yellow - for the sketch's horizontal element. For the flower element on the card I used a group of candles from a Hero Arts stamp. I colored them with Copics and cut them out. Remind me not to do that again when I make more than one card. ;/

The washi tape colors are from the current Inspired By challenge:


I also made another card by switching out one of the greys for a red:


For all of these, I used a banner and sentiment from a set by Avery Elle, and colored the banner's border to coordinate with the tapes. I used the same markers to color the candles.

Next card:


Because the candles looked a bit disembodied, I poked holes on either side of them and tied some twine around them.

This color combination was inspired by this color challenge from The Play Date Cafe:


And you'd be correct if you exclaim YOU USED ORANGE WASHI, NOT PINK! My bad. I decided to go with it anyway, since it's inspired by the challenge palette.

Last one:


When I was making the banners I realized there's a faux stitching stamp in the set, so I stamped it on the banners before I cut them out, then I stamped it onto the cards before I stuck on the banners. I even got a few of them straight.

The colors came from the current challenge at Just Add Ink:

So there you have it: 5 challenges tackled and 4 more cards for OWH. Whoot!

Okay, I might have time to sneak in one more challenge tonight.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: Miscellaneous washi tape, Divine Twine.




17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of birthday cards for the challenge! I love how you used your different varieties of washi tape for the panels, and those tied candle bundles look too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! I love all the different color combinations. Your washi tape collection is great! Thanks for playing along with my washi tape challenge. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! All such wonderful cards! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Leslie. I love the card you made in our challenge colours; glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute birthday cards!! Love the washi and the fussy cut candles!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to do several cards with different colours. I love seeing how they are all so different. Love the Boldness of the Midnight Muse on you Just Add Ink Challenge Card. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the versions of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an underachiever... I think you need more Washi as well. Let me know when you need me to pick up another holder. ;)

    All the cards are excellent and I'm doing my best not to covet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your washi tape! You always do such wonderful things with it and I love these cards. That's a good idea about the twine around the candles, they would have looked lonely without it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh fabby cards! I love these- and it's too bad you only have a few rolls to work with...HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! you were busy! I love the colors on each card. And I literally LOL when I read the blog post title. Made more sense when I started reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the candles. They look brilliant with the twine to anchor them. Added that stamp to my wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so funny that you used orange in the project, as i originally did the exact same thing! Then I switched it up to be less orange, more pink but hey... still beautiful!
    Love how you combine all the challenges :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great stash of cards you have created! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great stash of cards you have created! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great take on the color story this week! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the card you made for Inspired By challenge, the red candle added a great touch of an outside color! Your other color schemes were great too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)