Tuesday, February 5, 2013

SOS #88 - Oldest Bling

Happy Tuesday, and welcome to another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we ask you to use your oldest bling. "Bling" as in rhinestones, stickles, glitter, etc.

I have a little hoard of OMG WHY DID I BUY THIS bling, most of it acquired during my early days of card-making when I haunted the dollar bins at Mike's. Mixed in with all that bling I re-discovered something even older. Lookie:


The package on the left is normal bling. The package on the right is the remains of a cell phone or iPod sticker, or something. I thought I was being so smart by buying that. I mean just look at all those tiny blings! Unfortunately, they are designed to stay stuck to their backing, and not to be used individually. Therefore, I might have strained a few muscles while surgically removing each one to make this:


There is lots of stash here in addition to the bling. The poppy polka dotted piece was in the dwindling Heaplet, and the white layer was the back of a failed card. The heart was die-cut from the back of a piece of the same poppy paper. It has text on it, and I stamped over it with one of the hearts in the set. I'd intended to put the bling in the center of those honeycombs, so I did.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go into your stash and find your oldest bling, use it to make a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
Simon Says Stamp Large Heart dies (SSS)
SSS Lots of Hearts stamp set (SSS)
Plenty of Hearts stamps + dies (SSS)
Studio Calico veneer hearts & arrows (SSS|EH)
SSS Handwritten Sentiments (SSS)
Twinery twine
Copic BG49
Hero Hues black ink (EH)
SU Kraft card stock
Bazzill card stock
Memento black marker  (SSS | EH)
Corner Chomper 1/4" & 1/2" (SSS | EH)
Teflon bone folder (SSS | EH)
Fiskars paper trimmer (SSS | EH)

7 comments:

  1. I too have made the crappy purchase of cell phone bling. It's just so tantalizing....until you realize that it's SO MUCH WORK to get them off the backing. And then half the time the metallic part gets left behind. Yeah, apparently I'm emotional over this issue ;) lol!
    Love the veneer arrow :) I really have to start collecting those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! From the bling on the heart to the bow on the arrow - oh, a bow and arrow! - it's all perfect. I bought some of that cell phone rhinestone crap once or twice, too, and promptly tossed it when I found out it was useless. Live and learn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol too funny about the rhinestone blingy issues...there's usually a catch to things that look so good! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fab Carla challenge and a totally cute card, Leslie! Your mojo is back :) That arrow with the twine is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this image in my head of you wrestling with that sheet of bling, armed with a pair of pliers and a chisel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card. Your bling looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, Leslie! I love polka dots anyway but the blinged-up heart that matches is SO great! And the arrow with the twine bow...SO perfect! How do you do that!?
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)