Kitty thought she'd be going out when I opened the door to get a non-glaring shot of my lonely tree, but I thwarted her by putting my leg in her way. She was not happy about that. Oh, well, then maybe she should not have escaped from the fenced yard the last time I let her out. Yeah, like she remembers that...
Back to the cards. I cut three more Top Note shapes out of my remaining piece of textured Very Vanilla card stock (one less piece for the Scrap Heap), and made these:
I think this is my favorite of the bunch, especially since I used part of a piece of my hoarded DS papers (Charbon?). The stamp is one of the new SU single stamps in the new catalog. Elegant and simple.
This next one came to me when I was looking at all the pieces of floss laying about, and I remembered a cross-stitch piece I did a long time ago that was painful in its detail. Instead of getting the shading effect by using colors with consecutive DMC numbers (so they were just a shade off from each other) in a series of stitches, in addition they had you take one strand of each of two colors and do the stitches with the blend. Like this: Some stitches using two strands of Color A, then some with one strand of A and one strand of B, then some with two strands of B, followed by some with one strand of B plus one strand of C, then finally some with two strands of C. The coloring and shading was awesome, even if I did get a little frazzled and crazed by the whole experience.
So that's what I did here. I used two strands of the apricot-y color plus one strand of the grey/blue color to get a different look, and I kinda like it.
The center of this one was made from one of the shapes on the SU Pick A Petal Classy Brass template. I punched a 1/2 circle out of scrap and centered it on the back, then used it as a template to punch the center holes. I covered the center with a Basic Gray 1/2" circle topped by a Groovy Guava heart punched with the SU Heart to Heart punch.
I finally discovered I had some variegated thread in preppy colors (surprise!), so I used it on this last one, and layered it with Mustard DS paper and a layer of Night of Navy. The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy, too.
Here is the variegated corner up close and personal.
After this experience, I think I may leave the stitching to Stefani and just focus on all the stamps and papers I have. It was fun, and I finally tried it, but my eyes are still tired from the effort, so at least I know I could do it if I wanted to.
Okay, time to get back to project #4 for my workshops that I actually started. Also, I have a new Under-Appreciated Holiday tomorrow for which I need to prepare. But right now, I think I need a nap. ;-) Thanks for stopping by!
I'm loving these stitched cards ♥ReplyDelete
It's such a long time since I've done any cross-stitch, but you've reminded me how nice it was to finish a piece...lol! I *might* try this out myself...I have some embroidery cotton (for threading button holes so they're not nekkid) and I'm sure it would look good...I'll add it to *THE LIST* and get to it someday...lmbo! Thanks for sharing such a great idea :)
OH, my fave is the top thank you too!!! But they all look nice, especially with your multi colors goin' on. Very pretty!ReplyDelete
Love the look of these cards!ReplyDelete