Saturday, August 11, 2012

(this post has no title)

After last weekend's DTGD challenge marathon, wherein I combined a ton of challenges into each card in an effort to complete most of them*, I'm back to one or two challenges per card. It doesn't disappear the pile of challenges on deck, but it does make me less crazy.

Here's my card:

 I started with this sketch from iSpy Sketches:

and I used papers from the Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 paper pack. For the bow element, I couldn't decide what color to use, so I played around and decided to use that distressed pinkish-red plus some SU Baja Breeze taffeta ribbon for more color. Here's a close-up, because it's mostly in focus:
You can see the detail in the papers, and my faux stitching. Ya know, I may reclaim some counter space and put away my real sewing machine. Maybe.

Okay, one more challenge down, only 85 to go. HA. I'll never finish, who am I kidding. But it's fun getting ideas and getting some of them to paper.


Thanks for stopping by!

*No, I did not complete most of them. I did cards for 20 of the 37, which is better than half, but still not "most".

2 comments:

  1. Leslie - I love your fun card! Those papers together are gorgeous! So happy to have you play along with iSpy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your faux stitching and your paper bow! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)