Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Clockworks

I don't know what's come over me these past few days, but the latest batch of challenges has me in high creative gear. The ideas are fighting to get out of my grey matter and onto paper. I will admit I may not be producing my best work, but I'm trying new things, stretching the old imagination, and having FUN!

I just combined the {PIN}spirational Challenge:

with this sketch from Some Odd Girl Blog:

and made this:

I started out playing with a technique I saw on the Interwebz. Someone lined up some dimensional adhesive squares and covered them with Perfect Pearls! (I'm still looking for the Web site so I can link you.) (Source: Pixel tutorial at Splitcoast) I tried it with some tiny adhesive squares here. I drew around one of my circle Nestabilities for a guide, and stuck the squares to it. Then I took out several colors of Perfect Pearls and brushed them on with some cotton swabs. TOO EASY.

The next part, though, got interesting. There were some schmears of Perfect Pearl inside the circle, so I decided to cover it with some of the orange and cover that with Glossy Accents. I liked that it made it look old and rusty. When it was mostly dry, I colored two wooden arrows with a Copic, trimmed the ends, then stuck one of them into the Glossy Accents. The smaller one is glued to the center of the first one.

Here it is up close and personal:

Neat idea, huh? And shiny!

The paper is from a new 6x6 pack of KaiserCraft Chapter One that I HAD to have because it's green & blue.

I promise to come back and link you guys up when I find the blog with the Perfect Pearls idea.
ETA: Pixel tutorial at Splitcoast

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME - what a cool technique!! Love that you're trying fun new things. :-) And I know someone with too much untouched perfect pearls on her hands who should try it... *ahem* *me*

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOOOO creative and cute, cute, cute! I would have never thought to do this and it's just so perfect and cute. Love this, Leslie and glad you played along at {Pin}spirational Challenges this week too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat idea! Love the glossy & shimmery look to the clock...and that paper pad. I also HAD to have it and love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what are you doing to me???? Now i HAVE to buy me some Glossy Accents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought some cute tiny mosaic type tiles awhile back. This could be a good use for them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are oh, so creative! I love your clock & it's PERFECT for the challenge :)

    Thank you for playing with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week!

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    PS - I welcome you to join us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our newest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a super cool clock you've made!!!!! LOVE the tiles around and the glossy accents! Gorgeous CAS layout, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely! Thank you for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    PS I have a giveaway on my blog if you would like to drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is coooooooooooooooooooooool! and timely! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, i love your sentiment..and i would love to make an embellishment like that!! Thanks so much for joining us at {Pin}spirational challenges..do come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative and clever and totally awesome! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the card, and congrats on rocking that challenge!

    must try that technique. First to acquire some perfect pearly stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!

    (¨`•.•´¨) Hugs
    .`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) from the
    (¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ HEART
    .`•.¸.•´~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)