Sunday, August 19, 2012

Feel Better Soon

The current Unscripted Sketches challenge gave us a twist this week. We could just do the sketch:


or go for the gusto and use the suggested colors:

I decided to go for both. :)

First, I flipped the sketch 180 degrees:

then I made this:

I declared the Basic Grey What's Up papers to be (sorta) three of the four colors, and I layered the papers with SU Soft Suede for the brown. This was made from remnants which I keep in the front of the 6x6 paper pad so I remember what pack they came from ;/ and the base is SU Naturals White.

I think the most difficult part of this card was getting the brads to straddle the twine and still fit back through the single hole underneath. However, they may also be some of my oldest brads, and I used four of them, so that kinda balances out the sweat factor, don't you think?:)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love it, live the colors and the brad technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! These bright colors, stripes and poka dots would certainly brighten my day!

    Thank you for joining us at Unscriped Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you flipped the sketch ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun simplicity of your card! Sweet idea to
    'string' the circles on the baker's twine! This really is a great card that is sure to make the recipient feel better the moment they see it! Thanks for sharing with us at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on this weeks sketch and good on you for doing the piggy back challenge. Great colours and loved that you flipped the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card...love your take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)