Friday, August 10, 2012

A Neon Rainbow

When I think of anything neon, the 1967 song Neon Rainbow by the Box Tops pops into my mind, and if you listen to this, maybe it will be nice background music for my card:


Ah, neon, and yes, I caved and bought the Hero Arts neon inks. Many, many cards in the Blogosphere have attempted to woo me, and none really did until I saw this card made in  this video, and I was doomed. So of course, I needed to CASE her card, but still make it my own. I did the same thing she did with the black background and the direct-to-paper with the three inks, but I die-cut my pieces with my new MFT Retro Squares die (love), and I left off the bling.

I liked the idea of using the insides of the die-cut squares at the bottom of the card to cut all that black, and also to make it look (hopefully) like they are falling, which kinda goes with my Hang In There sentiment from the Paper Smooches Hang Ups set.

I have some of the inked paper left over, so you'll probably see some more of the neon later this weekend. Just a warning. :)

Okay, sing along now:

 ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪  ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪  ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪
The city lights, the pretty lights,
They can warm the coldest nights.
All the people going places,
Smiling with electric faces.
What they find the glow erases,
And what they loose the glow replaces, and life is love
In a neon rainbo-o-o-ow, a neon rainbo-oo--ow.
 ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪  ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪  ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪

You're welcome for the ear worm, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love that song and your neon card - hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect image and sentiment complements. The effect is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun neon take on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! I think its crazy that they have neon inks, I don't know that I could pull it off! But you did a fantastic job with these colors - this is a great design! Glad to have you join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the squares look like their falling off!! Glad you're enjoying your new neon inks!! You might pull out this card if your lights go out! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I love how the color just pops off the black background! Thanks for playing along in The Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)