Saturday, August 4, 2012

CAS Sketches

When I saw the Hero Arts August 2012 Contest Details, I knew I was in for a fun month! I usually go for the sketches, and these did not disappoint:

I had my KaiserCraft Chapter One 6x6 pad out, and I might have been a rut, but I made these:

This first one uses three different papers from the pack. I love the blues and greens in these papers!  The label is also from the pack; there are three or four pages of labels, borders and tags -- BONUS! Sentiment from the HA Heyday Sentiments set. Buttons from my stash.

This next one uses the same supplies:

The black scallop at the bottom is one of the borders in the paper pack. I love this green paper, and I liked how the black sentiment jumped off the page.

For the next one, I used the gradient in one of the sketches as inspiration to apply different amounts of Peacock Feathers to a tag I'd clear-embossed with the Lattice background:

I used washi tape for the bottom horizontal element, and the sentiment was stamped on a piece of another tag I'd been using to pick up extra ink from my craft sheet.

Here's the last one of this batch:
ETA: Ooops, heh heh ... same papers, different challenge. I'll post again and hopefully get it right next time. ;/

The black & white dotted piece is flocked and soooo soft. I loved it with the green, possibly influenced by my second card, above. The tag was out on my desk, as was the washi tape.

I actually cut the front a bit short, applied the text border from the paper pack, and added a strip of the green to the inside edge:

I love how this one came out, even if it is difficult to photograph. :)

For the rest of my day, I plan to work on some more challenges. I'll be back!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful but I especially love the first one. I think it is the combination of the greens and blues with the black, it's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I've missed so many of your creations lately. These are so INKredibly lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)