Thursday, August 9, 2012

Minty Fresh

When I saw the Minty Fresh post on the Moxie Fab World blog:


I knew immediately what had to be done. I pulled out my PTI Polka Dot Basic set and stamped it several times onto a piece of SU Sage Shadow card stock. This is what came out:

The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Heyday Sentiments set, and the button is from an old stash of Tessa Ann buttons (tessaann.etsy.com)

Then, since I've been doing literal interpretations of inspiration challenges these days, and because Sage Shadow is not really "mint" green, I went back into The Heaplet and found a remnant from these cards, and I made this:

FYI: I made that black button myself. :) I followed the tutorial at the Hero Club blog; it's crazy-easy, even easier than the buttons I've made before. I never bothered with the Glossy Accents to make them shiny since I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry, but these are flat so you can clear-emboss them. And I love the way she held the button with the tweezers while heating the EP. So smart!

In other news, yes, I know it's 5:30 am. I've been awake for two hours, so I decided it was time to be productive. This day will not end well.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm crazy about that dress, I like your cards much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my favorite color, maybe it is yours too?! I love the way your cards turned out, especially the second one. The small textured piece really catches the eye. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration. Take a nap when you get home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh neat color combo and designs! Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Leslie! Thanks for linking these up to the Minty Fresh Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card- love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your name linked up at MFW and had to come see! I love your dress on a card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)