Saturday, August 25, 2012

Black & White & Green

When I saw the current challenge at The Play Date Cafe, it spoke to me. Black, White and a splash of green:


I pulled out my pack of KaiserCraft Chapter One papers, because they are blue and green and black and white and would give us sooooo many possibilities. This is what came out:

 I immediately knew I wanted to use this pretty paper. It's mostly black & white, with a subtle gradient green pattern in the background. I used all white and black elements - ribbon, sentiment, layers, etc., but when we rummaged through my every color pearls basket and discovered a pack of gorgeous KaiserCraft pearls, I went with black & white & green.

One other cool thing about this piece of paper: all the black on it is shiny:

Okay, here it's glaring, too, but that glare is reflecting off the shiny black flowers.

In other news, my sweetie-head pal, Lisa is visiting, and she played the same challenge! We had crafting in stereo! She even used one of my UFOs, so she totally gets bonus points for that. You should go over to her post and leave her some love.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Hope you guys are having a great time! Sounds like tons of fun!! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and pretty! Love that paper! You two are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafting in Stereo..that sounds like a ton of fun! awesome card..what pretty paper! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super elegant and stunning! Going to see Lisa's card now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your card turned out, Leslie. The paper your chose is so lovely and the embellies soooo super pretty! But the best part was just hanging out and spending crafty time with one of the sweetest people I know. *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Crafting with friends is so much fun! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty paper and I love that little green pearl! Thanks for joining us at PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That paper is awesome and I love how you did the ribbon on this card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)