Saturday, August 18, 2012

Scrappy Sketch

I love it when a piece of paper gets partly used up! As I stared at the pile of challenges I chose for this weekend, and recalled the pretty trash I spent the day creating, I went back to what I usually do and selected a piece of paper from The Heaplet and let that drive my decisions.

Here's the card that came out:

I used a piece of SU DSP - both sides of the paper, so I used even more of it, though sadly some still remains. I followed this sketch from iSpy Sketches:

I decided all the layers needed some definition, so I layered them all on SU Always Artichoke.

The branch is from one of my new Poppystamps dies, and to be really bold and "out there", I opened and used some purple (Hydrangea, I think) Liquid Pearls in the upper left of the off-white rectangle, and now that I've used it I can put it away. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

I think the next time I use the leaf die I'll also use the solid one. That way I can have two-toned leaves. Hmmm ...

Okay, I have one more card to post. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty paper mixture! Thanks for joining in at I Spy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! I need to work on my paper pile too!!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely and what an awesome die! Thanks for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)