Saturday, August 25, 2012

Washi, Washi, Washi

You have to read that title a la "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" from The Brady Bunch, because that's how I say it in my brain.

So my pal Lisa is here, and we are eating and crafting and not sleeping enough, and eating some more, then yesterday we went to IKEA. I'm always fascinated by the storage options, and when we were in the kitchen section, we spied an expandable pot lid organizer --Rationell Variera -- that I decided would be perfect to organize my washi tape collection.

Here's what it looks like in its mostly-intended-for position:

And here's what it looks like in its "other options" position:

I have a small space in my craft room on the wall between two closets, and I decided that's where I'd hang these (I got two). Here's what my new washi tape storage system looks like:

Yeah. Ahem.

Here's the blues and greens:

Yeah.

It's a great organizing system, and I really like it.

Also, I'm not going to buy any more washi tape for a very, very long time.

14 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That is a L O T of washi tape. I love the storage idea. Ikea is a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Need any tape?? Great organization idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy me!!! That's A LOT of washi!!! And to think I don't have a single roll - think I'd better get with the program! Love the neat little rack for it - perfect!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My jaw is on the floor. Not just because of the brilliant organizing tip, but at the vast collection of washi, washi, washi. I honestly did not know there were that many varieties. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this ikea system you used for your crafty area! that place is always full of amazing ideas :) and I kinda don't believe you that you will not buy tape for a very very long time... its addicting

    ReplyDelete
  6. drool, swoon. totally jealous but in a good way. oh my word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius minds are always at work. Super idea. "-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, can I come over to play too?

    Awesome idea for storage, and now all I can hear in my head is "marsha marsha MARSHA"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant! and wow, that's quite the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must not covet the washi tape....

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ~ you went a little overboard with Washi but it looks gorgeous on your wall. Love the way you're storing it. IKEA has some of the neatest products for crafters.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)