Sunday, August 19, 2012

Amazing Chick

Isn't it funny how things go in cycles? For the longest time, women detested being referred to as a "chick", and I still don't like it much, but it seems to be back in vogue, at least in the stampy world. I only bring that up because of the sentiment I used on this card:

This card TOTALLY came into being because of the thin strips of Cosmo Cricket Clementine remnants that were out on top of this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

I needed something to put into a square for that square white sketch element, and I went in search of a stamp set. I bought the MFT Contempo Cage Stamps & Die combination set many moons ago, and it must have been in a weak moment. I don't like caged birds, but I like birds in general, and these came with a die, so maybe that was it. ANYway, you can see what I did here:

I stamped that image I'm calling "wrought iron" and made it into a sortof branch. His wobbly legs are hand-drawn. (Aren't those papers yummy?) And I've opened and used yet another stamp set. Go, me.

Hey, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Cute "chick". Mmmm, CC papers. I have not played with CC in a long time. I should dig those out ;)

    Really cute die and I love your paper choices for the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors for such a fun card! I love the paper pieced bird! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bird is such fun! Adorable! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this whimsical card - so fun! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love♥LOVE♥looooooooooooove this!!!! you (& the birdie) are BOTH amazin' chicks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)