I've made a bit more progress this afternoon with The Scrap Heap. I've been focussing on the remaining scraps from yesterday's projects, if only so I do not have to put them back on The Heap.
Lately, I've been grabbing sentiments I want to use, then making them work with the scraps. At least it's a plan, okay? This sentiment cracks me up, so it was time to use it this year. 100% scraps here. Sad, but true.
Here's another one using a few more of the same scraps. Oh, and those little dots on the sentiment panel are not on your monitor/screen. After the whole thing was assembled, I saw two dots that would not erase, so I grabbed a marker and made a few more to make it look like I meant to do that. :-)
Changing gears, I saw this card on Chat's (aka: nitestamper on SCS) blog, and I knew I needed to CASE it. This is my version. The things I changed were the stamps and colors for the background and also the sentiment and ribbon. I wanted to make a Mother's Day card for my April stamp camps, and I thought this one would be a lot of fun.
I used Baroque Motifs for the background and the Mother's Day sentiment from All Holidays. AND, I broke out my new SU Eyelet Border punch. Oh, I also stole Chat's idea to score a line above the eyelet border. I really like how she did that.
Here is another version I made. On the first one I only stamped the flourish image once, and it kinda got lost behind the sentiment, so for this one I stamped it sideways, twice, to get more color on the background. I'm not so sure I like it better, but at least I can show The Ladies two different options.
Wanna see how I did that cool ribbon? Since I am clueless as to the real directions, I made up my own. First, I laid down a base ribbon.
On the back of the sentiment piece, I taped down two short strips to act as the loops layer.
When you turn it over, it looks like this, and when placed on top of the base ribbon, it looks really pretty!
Another secret: How to get that even border (no partial cuts). At least this is how *I* did it.
First, line up one edge of your card stock with the edge of the opening of the punch. (See the handsome red arrow.)
This is what it looks like after the first punch. No fuss, no muss.
Continue punching the length of the card stock until you reach the other end, which is where you could get a partial scallop. Please ignore the poorly-punched scallop in my sample, brought to your attention by the pesky handsome red arrow.
All you need to do is trim off that partial scallop!
There you have it - an even border punch. Of course, this dictates the size of your piece, too, so I worked backwards to cut my layers.
That's all I have for this evening. I need to rest a bit so I can go to bed around 8:30. I do believe 3:45 am will come way too soon anyway.
Tomorrow, I'll have a Progress Report on The Scrap Heap, with Before and After photos for your viewing pleasure. :-) Thanks for stopping by!