Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Marathon, Part Five (FIELD TRIP!)

As planned, I headed to Baltimore today to see PattiMonkey at the AVAM BAZAART show. This time I decided to not get lost* on my way there, so I looked it up on the map again and followed the directions EXPLICITLY. This time I did the opposite of getting lost: I drove past the place before I thought I should have! Hey, always an adventure with me!

Following are some pics of the outside of the museum, mostly of the funky art they have all around. Click on any of them to enlarge the photo.

The front of the museum:

Biker art:

Bus art:

Weather vane art:

Duck art:


HUGE nest on the side of the building:


That thing NEXT to the huge nest:

Shiny egg art:

And finally, the sign telling me I'd landed in the right place:

As soon as you enter, you are greeted with a warm welcome (to the museum) and a reminder that there is NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUILDING! Crud, I'd forgotten. And being a good citizen, I didn't even take a pic of the cool sink in the Ladies' room! I want one like that in my house!

So no pics of the craft show offerings. Sorry. I did meet up with Patti and we had several hugs and a fun conversation. She is so CUTE!

If you are near Baltimore, you should plan to go to this show next year. It's the Fri & Sat after Thanksgiving. If you like funky stuff, or even if you don't, it's a lot of fun to see the different artists' creations.

One of the things I'd hoped would happen today was that all the craftiness would jump-start my mojo. On the way home I envisioned me cleaning off both tables and starting with a clean slate. I didn't happen. I had some lunch and got overwhelmed again. I think I'll go make some City Cards. Those don't take any planning - just coloring, which I am pretty sure I can handle. I hope to have something crafty to show you later today!

Thanks for stopping by!

*lost. I don't get lost. I have a great sense of direction and almost always (eventually) find my destination. I think of it as more of a side-trip if I don't take the direct route. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. This place looks really fun! I love the big bird nest. So cool that you got to see Patti, YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds nest too..wonder if I could build one on our new house LOL.
    The egg is great too..and I do a big Easter egg hunt every year...what a focal point that would be!
    Wish you had taken a picture of the sink...and Monkey Girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)