Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cards for OWH

Today I unpacked the car and attempted to put away all the s-crap I hauled with me to the crafty retreat. Naturally I got distracted, and ... well, that's not exactly true. I did get distracted, but I prefer to think of it as being efficient. Yeah, that's it: efficient. Instead of putting away one of the 6x6 packs I didn't get to, I used it today to make 29 cards for OWH.

I won't bore you with all of them, but I did select a few to share. First one:


I was using the Basic Grey Life of the Party 6x6 pack, and the "solids" were all wood-grain. I like that. :)

Another one:


I think the stars work with the dots here. I was trying to channel some of the stuff I learned in the last Online Card Class. At least I like the colors together.

Next:


This one came out very red. I call it "monochromatic" and claim that I totally meant to do that. I think if the colors had more contrast that combination might not have worked.

Next is my personal favorite (shhhh, don't tell the others):


I made a total of 21 using this sketch and the "friend" sentiment. And if you are now also singing the theme from The Golden Girls, you are welcome. Oh, I started with the current MFT sketch:


but I was just inspired by it and didn't add the banner element. And my scalloped rectangle is smaller. And my regular rectangle is smaller. And my ovals are smaller. And I thought I had that banner die, but I don't. I do have the hearts banner die, but it doesn't work with the "friends" theme, so I opted to use some A Muse pearls candy instead. I was going to use Liquid Pearls, but 21 cards + drying time? Nah, not happening.

Once I'd cut up all the papers for those cards, I had a bunch of strips of all the papers left, so I made my go-to banner cards to use up most of them. Here's one:


and yes, I even used some (gah) pink:


and a lot of yellow:


These have all been stamped and stuffed (put in envelopes according to Envelope Tuck 2.0 instructions) and put into a box. Tomorrow I'll cut bases for the 50 card fronts I made over the weekend and I'll show you a few of those later this week.

In other news, I had my nails painted this past weekend. Lookie:


I took this earlier today, and I'm glad I did, because now they are a hot mess of chips and ... it's not pretty. Just sayin'. I don't think I can have painted nails, as they don't last very long in my world. Sigh.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go wrap my head around returning to work tomorrow. Double-sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to make several cards using the same design once you've found a layout or sketch you love. It's amazing how different cards can look only changing small details or even just the colors. I like that these cards work equally great for both women and men. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin' that patterned paper! 29 cards - wow! Your nails are cute. I use an Orly Bonder as the base coat , Seche Vite as the top coat and they last for at least a week. I'm pretty tough on them, too, I don't tiptoe around them at all. That reminds me, I need to polish them before I leave next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on getting so much done AFTER a crafting retreat. (personally, I'd be wiped out and heading for a nap -- but that's due more to MS than choice) Amazed Bobra let you craft instead of hugging & petting. I'd like to CASE your friend card with "busier" pattern paper behind the woodgrain layer...but don't have a blog to share the results. Thanks and please give Bobra some gentle tummy scritches from this cat-loving stamper. - Carol in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)