Sunday, April 14, 2013

Catching Up

I'm just about finished going through the card fronts I made last weekend and attaching them to card bases. You may have seen some of them before, but now they are finished cards and more in focus.

As is my nature, while trying to dress up one card I managed to almost destroy another one. Thank goodness I am the Queen of the Save.

For example, this card:


I was so proud that I'd used not only a piece of textured gold card stock for the die-cut heart, but I remembered I had some gold washi tape sheet and I used it for the border. While on retreat, one of my fellow retreaters was shocked - SHOCKED - I did not love Stickles and all things glitter. She was ready to shun me. So while looking at this card today I decided to give Stickles a try and, well, let's just say I scraped it off. Ugh. So I needed a save. I made some spray with water and gold Perfect Pearls, laid out my non-stick craft mat, and spritzed it. I hated it. It is now so much pretty trash.

Along the way, though, I managed to get some of the spray on this card front:


Sigh. I was NOT starting over, so I carefully cut around the top of the image, then made a sky by spraying some blue Gelato spray onto some white card stock, and this came out:


I think it passes. :) The top half of the image is popped up on dimensional adhesive so it looks like I meant to do that.

I also mounted these two guys onto bases:



I have that stamp out again and know exactly which sentiment I'll use next. :D

And for my last trick, I made a normal card:


My pal Mary Dawn was stamping next to me, and had a few Herringbone cut-offs I needed to use. The button image is from Technique Tuesday, and it's several layers thick. We were playing with some of the Hero Arts colors, so this is Soft Pool and Soft Cantaloupe. The background was embossed with a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder that I now covet.

Now that all of that is out of the way, I can get back to some challenges. Oh, wait, it's 8 pm on Sunday night! WAAAAAAAAH! Sigh, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: Again, I have a cat draped over my arm, so I'll get to the supplies list later. If you have any specific questions, just ask in the comments. Thanks!

PPS: I need to reclaim some space! I'm selling most of my SU inks and re-inkers. I don't have a list up yet, but I have almost all the colors. If you are interested, please send me an email.

1 comment:

  1. You are the Queen of Save! I like them all, and I, too, now covet that embossing folder. Like I need one more!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)