Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SOS #96 - Not Your Normal Paper

Happy Tuesday! It's time for a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This week our theme is Not Your Normal Paper. By this we mean use a specialty paper you had to have - glitter paper, honeycomb paper, corrugated paper (or crimp your own), canvas, cork, etc., or use book pages, newspapers, wrapping paper ... you get the idea, right?

I went searching for some specialty paper, and from my selection of potential victims, I chose a piece of die-cut paper and made this:


That swirly stuff at the top was cut from a 12x12. I thought it looked kindof like a design you'd find on a cave wall, so I used my Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus stamp set. I also threw in a piece of cork for the "ground".

I used the Paper Smooches Dino 1 dies to cut the dinosaur, then I stamped him, and I fussy-cut the tree. For the speech bubble I used the Hero Arts Frame Cuts Phrase Bubble, but I wanted the tail to go in the other direction.  I cut off the original tail, then I die-cut the speech bubble again and flipped it over, then mounted the trimmed on on top of it. Did that even make sense?

And those are stone-age hearts, not red butterflies. There was too much WHITE over there so I had to do something!

Oh, wanna see that pretty paper up close and personal? Here you go:


You can just about make out the gold swirl that runs through the paper. it's very pretty!

Okay, now it's YOUR turn. Go dig in your stash and find some Not Your Normal paper. Then make something and come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not included below: Paper Smooches Dinos 1 dies, Chatterbox Fine Filigree paper - Willow, cork.




6 comments:

  1. I <3 this little dinosaur. Rawr and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie! Adorable card...LOVE that specialty paper! It IS pretty! And a perfect match for that cute little dino. I like the sweet little hearts perfectly placed in that "nasty" white space too!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about die-cut papers! And my pile was big enough to start with...now I know I have to add to it. Yikes.
    THIS is totally adorable - and I giggled when I read 'stone age hearts' - they WOULD look chiseled, wouldn't they? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie - What a fun card! That dinosaur is great!! And the die cut? WOW This would be great for a little boy!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card!Love that little dinasaur!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)