I laughed as I typed that title, because I'm so far from mastering spray inks I can't see it over the hill and far away. But I did play tonight, and I did make a mess, so all is not lost!
I came into some Stephanie Barnard spray inks a few weeks ago, and I needed - NEEDED - to play with them. Tonight I cut some Core'dinations white textured card stock into card fronts, taped up a box to make it fairly safe to catch the spray, and got started.
First, I tried flicking the inky tube onto a piece of the card stock. I did this on my craft mat for protection, and amazingly most of it hit the paper. This is what came out of that effort:
That's just a few splatters with pink, green and yellow. Not too bad. No big blobs, but I'm okay with that. I added some pink washi tape and a sentiment from my now-open Avery Elle Lots of Love set.
Next I went to the box and tried spraying. I had to throw away a few pieces of paper before I got it under control, but here's the first one I kept:
The orange came out kindof concentrated, but that's okay. I lightly sprayed some yellow around it and called it done.
Next up, red and yellow:
I kind like it. :) One more with green and yellow:
This one got some washi tape behind the sentiment, too, for a little contrast.
All in all, I'm kinda pleased for the 30 minutes I played. Hopefully I'll come up with a different splotch pattern next time. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Products used but not linked below: Stephanie Barnard spray inks, Core'dinations Foundations canvas texture card stock (got it at the LSS), misc washi tape.