Sunday, April 28, 2013

Two Challenges, One Post

I actually made time today to play a challenge or two. First up is my card for the Less Is More challenge:


Could it be any more minimalist? Here's mine:


That's not cork, but it sure looks like it, huh? All the papers are from the Simple Stories 24/Seven 6x6 pack which I used because ... well, it was out.

This was pretty much a 5-minute card, so I figured I had time to play another challenge, and Seize the Birthday rose to the top. This week we're to make a masculine card using this sketch:


I saw stripes, and dug out some old paper that's really sticky-back fabric and made this:


The sentiment was from the Stamp Fairy at retreat, and I had to use it so I could put it away with its brethren and sistren irreverence. The stars were die-cut from some shiny textured card stock, a pad of which I'd attempted to give away, but it came back home with me anyway. Sigh.

I also tried to make another version of this with a tag instead of the oval so the recipient of said card could wear the tag proudly. However, an hour later I'm still fussing with the many, many, many layers of dimensional adhesive required for this thing to fit on a card front (stoopid pin), so maybe not.

Perhaps I'll play a few more challenges. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment on your LIM card!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, BOTH of these are just over the top wonderful! Love the first one - CAS and just my style. That paper really does look like cork!
    Your second card for Seize the Birthday (and thanks for playing along this week too) is PRECIOUS! That sentiment makes me smile all over. I can really relate to that one for sure! LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards

    Fabulous interpretation of my Sketch. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    and Seize the birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! That paper does look just like cork, I thought it was cork until I read the text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors and love that sentiment..how fun! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)