Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His & Hers, Day 1 Homework

Yep, I'm taking another Online Card Class. This time it's His & Hers, and we're learning to use the same (or similar) elements to create both a masculine and a feminine card.

The first day we learned to use a simple mask with floral stamps for two different looks. Here's my feminine version, pretty much CASEd from Jennifer's class sample:


I used the green Memento marker for my defining lines, and I cut apart not one but two clear stamp sets to mix up the sentiment. If you haven't done that yet, I highly recommend it. It presents so many options!

Also, please ignore the halo effect of that far flower's center. I might have been too eager to stamp the sentiment and didn't let the liquid pearls dry. Please don't be like me. Do all your stamping first, then add the liquid pearls. Sigh.

Here is my masculine card (also CASEd):


I used the leaves from the same Paper Smooches stamp set I used for the flowers on the feminine card. I stamped them first in white, then with HA Soft Granite for the shadow. I went one step further and added the shadow to the sentiment, too. You should have heard me repeating to myself, out loud: "Don't do it, it's fine, don't DO it ..." followed by "OMG, YOU GOT IT RIGHT!" The only botch was my attempt to draw white lines. I covered the top one with washi tape, which also gave me the grey lines I wanted, but I didn't have the right marker. WIN.

Now I'm off to watch today's lesson.

Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:

  1. You are such a good student! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! That shadow stamping looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Good tip about cutting up the clear sets for the sentiment, too. Oddly enough, even after the birthday stamp assembling a few weeks ago, I never thought of doing that until you mentioned it. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are both winners!! I love the effect of the white ink on the dark paper. Excellent save with the washi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both very striking, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)