Saturday, April 20, 2013

Girly Cards

You may or may not know this about me, but I am not a girly girl. Nope. C'mon, I don't like (gah) pink! However, I can channel girly if I need to, and someone asked for feminine birthday cards and a thank you, so I broke out my new Simple Stories Vintage Bliss papers and got to work.

First, the Thank You:


It all started with that piece of floral paper that I decided I didn't want to hide. I just put a strip of pink dots across it and tied a white taffeta bow. Alas, no sentiment ... where to put it? This was going to be a birthday card, but instead I dug out my SU Tiny Tags set and coordinating punch and made it a Thank You card.

Next up, with the same paper pack, I did manage a Birthday card:


Even though I do have a Polaroid die, I made my own Polaroid shape using a rectangle die and a square die. I love that you can make them any size you want. I edged the inside piece with some Distress Tumbled Glass, then lightly touched the blending tool to the center of the square to tint it all a little blue. I like how it stands out in the white frame.

The butterfly is a Memory Box die, and it cuts two pieces. I colored the body black with my Memento marker. The wings and the antennae are not stuck down.

I'm happy with how these turned out. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU white taffeta ribbon, SU jewelry punch, SU Tiny Tags stamp set, clearbags.com white linen card base.




4 comments:

  1. haha, you bought the girly paper after all!! ps. i just used the paper with the giant rose on a card this a.m. too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love the pink in these cards. They are right down my alley! Great job, Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love the pink in these cards. They are right down my alley! Great job, Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love pink - these cards are beautiful! I really like that first one. Now I have to go add that paper to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)