Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My Dad will be 87 next week, and yes, I'm cutting it close with his card. However, I did make one, and here it is:


This turned out to be a More Is More card. I started out with the HA Numbers background, then decided it needed to be covered up, so I opted to use the Pinking Circles dies which are also very busy. In keeping with my More Is More theme, I stamped not one but MANY birthday sentiments, in several colors. Then to make it even busier, I colored some of the dots in the main sentiment with a blue gel glitter pen because ... well, because I could, I guess. Also, they looked nekkid without color.

The whole thing looked "off", so I moved the circle below the center so it wasn't so symmetrical, then added the grosgrain ribbon. Finally I stepped away and declared it ENOUGH, ALREADY!

I think he'll like it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU Tangerine grosgrain ribbon (yes, it's that old - before they named them to match the card stock colors), Spellbinders Pinking Circles dies, misc red card stock. Also, the Cerulean blue is a much more muted color than the turquoise-looking images below. It almost matches that layering paper, which I think is Azure. Definitely not turquoise.




2 comments:

  1. I love it! Sometimes more is necessary and I don't think this one is overdone at all, you stopped just in the nick of time. I like the sentiments on the pinking circles, it would look too bare without them. He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More is more is great! I think the red background for the circle brings it all together. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)