Sunday, April 14, 2013

Merci

I'm baaaaack! I've neglected challenges lately, and I'm feeling the need to jump back in. I printed off a few of them last week, and I hope to play some today. Out of the gate I played the current (checks the date) Try Stamping On Tuesday sketch challenge:


and I made this:


It all started when I saw Tiffany's tutorial on how Big Brush Pens dry fast on vellum. I was all over that and I grabbed a piece of vellum from the pile ... Well, it used to be on my desk, but I had to move it to the floor when I packed for the retreat, and it may or may not still be there. *ahem*

So anyway, I grabbed a piece of patterned vellum and my Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp/die set and got to work. I used a pink and a green Big Brush pen to color and stamp the butterflies, then I die-cut them and layered them so they are floofy. I only glued the center.

See:


The Polaroid is a Lil Inker die, and I put a piece of the vellum in the center for consistency and also so it wasn't empty. You can kinda see it in that detail shot above. Oh, and vellum? HA. I was smarter than the vellum this time and I used my MS glue pen on the back and followed the swirls so the whole thing is stuck down and you can't see the adhesive. :)

For the stampy element at the bottom of the sketch I used a piece of ribbon I got forever ago and wove an even older piece of not-satin ribbon through it.

Since I mostly stamp without a net, I decided on the sentiment last, mostly because it fit.

In other news, it was a gorgeous day today here outside our Nation's capital, and I drove over the river and through the woods to meet up with my pal June. We checked our card inventory at a local coffee shop then went to an old mill to have lunch. I took the scenic route and crossed the Potomac by ferry - my most favorite way to get to Leesburg. Here I am in the middle of the river:


and here is a cool window on a house in Leesburg:



How did they do that?!

Oh, and now that I'm home, Bobra has assumed the position:


He's zzzzzzzzing. Check out the crossed front feet. Out like a light. And yes, I have no feeling in that arm unless I disturb him and stand up. Could be worse, right? :)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I'll come back later with the supplies list. I have a dead-weight cat on my arm just now ...

4 comments:

  1. Love the card - very clever about gluing down the vellum. Poor Bobra looks exhausted. Amazing how hard it is to disturb a sleeping kitteh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooove the card... So pretty! Xo hey I need your addy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning! I love all the vellum and the colour combo you have use is pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love that background and the butterfly is lovely, as well as the ribbon at the bottom. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin' on Tuesday - Karen - DT for TSOT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)