Sunday, July 8, 2012

Alien Probe

This afternoon I decided to break open my pack of SU Comfort Cafe DSP and actually use some of it, so I went in search of a sketch that would encourage me to use a lot of different pieces from the same pack. I chose this Card Positioning Systems sketch:

which is, of course, from last week. Sigh. Nothing has changed around here. But it's still a great sketch, right? Here's what I made"

All the DSP is from the Comfort Cafe package, and the layer is Midnight Muse, one of this year's new In Colors. The partial doily was on my desk, and now it isn't. It was very WHITE, so I colored it with Distress Antique Linen ink. The sentiment is NOT from SU. It was still out on my desk, so it got used. I like putting weird sentiments on what appear to be normal cards. It's how I roll.

Hopefully this week will go better than last week and I'll get some time to stamp. I miss it when I don't get even one card made and posted all week. Today has been a good day. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. *snort* that is too funny! The sentiment that is- the card is lovely! I need some of that paper myself. NEED I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. made me laugh out loud!!! you are my kind of girl for sure!!! loving that sentiment !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to call those cards (look pretty, sassy sentiment) bait & switch cards. They catch people off-guard and they laugh harder :)
    I love the distressed doily - and that neat herringbone (?) paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMg...so very snarky, sweet friend and pretty card, my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA - LOVE IT!!! I should get me some of those sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you find these verses? I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's great! Can I hang that on my door at work? You are so funny!! Love the card! Keep the laughs coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some cute aliens over at Paper Smooches that would go great in that circle. Great take on the sketch! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)