Saturday, July 28, 2012

Toothy Birthday

I get some of my inspiration from the strangest places. Case in point: Did you know a beaver's teeth are orange? Yes, they are! How do I know this? Twitter told me. Twitter makes you smart.

So I pulled out my Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies set and this sketch from Unscripted Sketches:

and I made this:


I might be in love with this sketch ... not gonna lie. I suspect you'll see it again.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies and Sentiment Sampler. Basic Grey What's Up 6x6 paper. Copics. SU Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon. Buttons from Mike's.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!!
    This card is adorable!! Love your take on the sketch, great job! Love your choice of colors too - nicely done! And yes, I did know that about beavers teeth!! I did a report on them waay back in grade 5 and grew up with them in all our parks!! Crazy hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I love the image. Fantastic take on this weeks sketch. So glad you joined US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the absolute sweetness of this card....and the orange teeth.

    Seriously, the beaver is our town mascot (a huge beaver statue greets visitors to our town). I had no idea their teeth were orange!

    I love how you carried the orange theme throughout your card (even the lines on the grid paper!). Thanks so much for sharing your card and that wee piece of beaver trivia with us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that color combination ... especially those pretty little buttons ... so very glad you joined us at unscripted sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest little card...thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable - love this! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that tweet wasn't from the "CHEETOS" ppl was it... just askin... :)

    yes, the sketch was AWESOME and clearly it loved YOU BACK missus...but then this card is IRRESISTIBLE!!!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)