Monday, July 30, 2012

Too Old To Care

They say that 50 is a magic age, and it is! All bets are off once you cross that line. You can be weird, and people just shrug. Well, they may whisper, but you don't care any more. I have to say that it was magical for me. I let my irreverence show, and it's been a great ride so far.

So when I saw this sketch challenge at Fetch A Sketch:


I busted out another sheet of my SU Twitterpated papers, then went looking for a sentiment* for the central element. This is what I ended up with:


I had to flip the sketch to make it fit, but I'm good with that. I even opened and used my In Color Dahlias. That's Raspberry Ripple and Baja Breeze card stock for the layers.

Yeah, I think this is perfect for me. I may frame it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

* sentiment by Art Impressions

3 comments:

  1. oh COOL! now see, i saw that sketch, and i liked it, but i just could not figure out how to "work" the complete symmetricalness (symmetricality??) of it, so i moved on. but now *I SEE*!!!!!! (you are REALLY GOOD at c&s! HOW do you DO THAT??!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is so sweet! I love those little resin flowers
    thankyou for sharing it with us over on the Fetch a sketch challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)