Sunday, July 29, 2012

Well-Behaved Women

I've combined two of my favorite types of challenges for this card. First, a sketch from iSpy Sketches:

and the recipe over at Catered Crop is ... WASHI TAPE! Hello!

So I made this:

I think purples are the toughest colors to photograph. That's SU's Wisteria Wonder, in case you were wondering. (haha - saw that one coming, didn't you?) I was going to be all proud of the fact that I matched a scrap of that dotted paper to the Wisteria Wonder, but then it took me eight attempts to stamp the sentiment, so ... yeah. Sigh.

ETA: Yikes! I need to go back and add a hypen to that sentiment. Tsk, tsk.

I also find that no matter how much washi tape I collect, I never have just the right one I want for a project. I really didn't want to use another dotted pattern, but all my other reds were too wide or the wrong color. How does this happen? Is this why we continue to collect things? If I'm not careful, I'll end up with a washi tape collection that rivals my boxes of Every Color Ribbon But The One I Need.

On another note, I realized this came out purple and red, so it would work for a Red Hat lady. They still have Red Hat groups, right? I don't get out much, but I think I've seen groups of red-and-purple-clad women at lunches. They always seem to have so much fun.

Ah, the sentiment is from my mystery box of unmounted sentiments. Maybe it was from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

Okay, I think I'll give it a rest now, and go do some laundry. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I'm NOT a red hat lady - but love the card! That Washi tape.....what can I say except fabulous! I guess I'm going to have to bread down and buy some of that stuff after seeing all the cute things you come up with using it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this: simple but oh, so effective! It's great to hear that others have the same mishaps as me!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those polka dots and that sentiment! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to use your washi tape! Thanks for joining us this week over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)