Saturday, July 28, 2012

DTGD White on White

I think we've already established I have an aversion to white space, so I find it funny that this white-on-white card came together so easily for me.

I'm playing along with the Dare To Get Dirty challenges at Splitcoast. If you are a Fan Club member, this is the chance to play along with the Dirty Dozen Designers. Everyone can view the galleries and comment on the projects, but only Fan Club members can upload to them.

The first five challenges were posted today, and out of the gate I decided to do Lydia's (aka: understandblue) challenge, which is Whiter Shade of Pale: make an all white card.

I started with this sketch from Retro Sketches:

and I made this:

I grabbed a remnant of embossed white-on-white card stock from Bazzill to use as the longer vertical piece. The rest ... just happened. I went for bonus points by using a white sentiment, too. :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: No, Lydia, not Annie Lennox. Procol Harum. Duh.

4 comments:

  1. Well, you're just a card making fool this weekend! Keep up the good work, I like what I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is AWESOME!! Bonus points have been awarded!!

    I see you chose the Baby Boomer version! Boy, music videos have come a long way, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Leslie! Love the white on white! Thanks so much for using this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must (!!!) CASE this. Simple, elegant and just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)