Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rayful Wishes

After I made the second card in this post, I had another idea I wanted to attempt with the same stamp. Here's what came out:

I did a little better job with the embossing this time, and I used some Ranger Distress Stains instead of ink. I schmeared Barn Door in the center, followed by Wild Honey, then added Spun Sugar around the edges. Not only was I not thrilled with the result, but because I went dark-to-light, I contaminated the applicators on the lighter stains. No problem, just wipe them on the craft mat until they run true to color. Well then, I had all that color on my craft mat, so being a good student that I can be at times, and already unhappy with the outcome, I flipped the layer over and started picking up color. You can see I got some Barn Door out towards the edges, and it's all splotchy, and I love it!

I buffed off the embossed parts, added a sentiment and button, and called it done!

I have some other ideas for this stamp. Stay tuned ... :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I like that!! Very bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either you've been really busy or I'm having a hard time keeping up with your posts! So many lovely creations. and I mean creations! Really cool techniques.. "-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooooooooooh! i confess i've been semi-longing for that stamp whenever i see it... the longing a lot more intense now... and i kinda want some wild honey ink, also... can't imagine why... :) :) :) (LOVE this!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)