After I made the second card in this post
, I had another idea I wanted to attempt with the same stamp. Here's what came out:
I did a little better job with the embossing this time, and I used some Ranger Distress Stains instead of ink. I schmeared Barn Door in the center, followed by Wild Honey, then added Spun Sugar around the edges. Not only was I not thrilled with the result, but because I went dark-to-light, I contaminated the applicators on the lighter stains. No problem, just wipe them on the craft mat until they run true to color. Well then, I had all that color on my craft mat, so being a good student that I can be at times, and already unhappy with the outcome, I flipped the layer over and started picking up color. You can see I got some Barn Door out towards the edges, and it's all splotchy, and I love it!
I buffed off the embossed parts, added a sentiment and button, and called it done!
I have some other ideas for this stamp. Stay tuned ... :)
Thanks for stopping by!
I like that!! Very bright and happy!ReplyDelete
Either you've been really busy or I'm having a hard time keeping up with your posts! So many lovely creations. and I mean creations! Really cool techniques.. "-)ReplyDelete
oooooooooooooooooooooooh! i confess i've been semi-longing for that stamp whenever i see it... the longing a lot more intense now... and i kinda want some wild honey ink, also... can't imagine why... :) :) :) (LOVE this!)ReplyDelete