Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SOS #62 - What Was I Thinking!?

It's Tuesday, and that means it's time for another challenge at Shopping Our Stash! This week's theme is What Was I Thinking?!?! We'd like you to use something you HAD to have, but it's sooooo not "you". Maybe the latest trendy item that everyone else is using, or maybe something you liked at the time but now you have no clue why you liked it? Yeah, that.  Use it.

In my world as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I am easily enabled to need all the new stuff, and in every color. I have an embarrassingly large collection of SU stuff that has never been opened, so my challenge today was to narrow it down to one or two items. I chose the Printed Petals stamp set (seriously? flowers? me?) and the pom-pom ribbon. Yes, pom-poms. I saw someone use them around the edge of a circle and I was sold ... bought it in every color ... twice.

Here's my card:

The pretty DSP is Comfort Cafe, and I layered it with Midnight Muse. If you'd like some background music, queue this one up. It's Midnight Blue by Louise Tucker, and I break into song (in my head) every time I use Midnight Muse ink.

The ribbon is Soft Suede polka dot, with the dots face-down. It covers a boo-boo. Speaking of which, the sentiment (Made For You) was stamped crooked so I saved it by stamping it again on a piece of Vanilla to make it look like I meant to do that. The button is also SU, from the new catalog. Pearls are also SU, colored with a brown Sharpie.

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and find something you HAD to have because everyone else was getting it, but now you question your sanity. Use it on a card, then come over to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I bought that SU pom ribbon too because I saw a card with a tiered cake and the poms on the edge. Have I ever used it? No. I love it in the circle...brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're on to something with the pom pom ribbon!
    Looks great there!
    Me, I only have one color of it!
    Have I ever used it?
    I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to admit I never ordered the pom pom stuff from SU, but DID eye it pretty good! LOVE it on your card and love the card too. That's one of my fav DPs you used and really like the design! This really made a pretty flower with the pom poms added to it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know what to do with the silly pom pom trim I just had to have! Love how you used the DSP on your card - great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh too cute! I love the pompom trim myself! Heh. I have never heard that song....I have it on now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you used up loads of WWIT stuff and made a greatcard. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How am I going to narrow it down? I love the gridded background, and that flower! I coveted pompom ribbon for quite some time, so even though I really want some right this minute, maybe it's a good thing I resisted? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin the squares here. And those pom poms around the flower? Gotta use that sometime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - pom pom, what were you thinking? :-)
    Although, it does look nice on the card, i didn't even relaize at first the yellow treatment is pom pom...

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are the QUEEN of "i meant to do that" and i mean it quite sincerely b/c honestly, i have usually NOT noticed your "boo boos" till you mention them... or... i did NOTICE them but thought, "ooooh! cool idea" b/c i really did think you DID mean to do that! so there! i'm loooooooving the pom pom fringe around in a circle, and a flower stamped in blue is really more of a MEDALLION which is pretty awesome, actually!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool card! I LOVE the pompoms around the flower - now I want them too!!! How many colors are there? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)