Sunday, July 29, 2012

Just Playing

I finally got around to watching Kristina Werner's latest Friday Focus video, and I needed to get inky and play. 

Mine aren't even close to the level of hers in the quality or technique columns, but I wanted to play with different color combinations and see what happened.

I made three. For this first one, I schmeared Squeezed Lemonade in the center of my craft mat, and Scattered Straw around it:

I spritzed it with water and picked up the ink on some SU water color paper, dried it, and picked up some more ink, dried it some more, then went around the edge with Ripe Persimmon and a blending tool.

For my second combination, I used Bundled Sage in the center, surrounded by Evergreen Bough:


I distressed the edges with Peacock Feathers.

Then I went back in and used Broken China in the center, surrounded by Peacock Feathers:

and I distressed the edges with Evergreen Bough.

For all of them, I can tell you you need to dry them bone-dry. I did not, no matter how hard I tried. I also kept forgetting to apply the powder before I stamped the images* in Versamark, and the silver EP stuck everywhere. Ugh.

But you get the idea. I think this is pretty cool. I definitely need more practice with this technique, but it's promising! I need to work on a tie-dyed version. Yeah, right. Hey, it could happen. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


*Stamps from the MFT Masculine Graphic Tee and Stamp Set.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)