Sunday, July 22, 2012

Inspired By: Jennifer McGuire

The current challenge over at A Blog Named Hero is to choose one of the fabby Hero Artists and be inspired. I have to say this is one heck of a group of very talented ladies, and it was difficult to choose, but Jennifer McGuire is my choice for this challenge.

Oh, that Jennifer -- I wouldn't have half the stuff I have if she wasn't so darned enabling! She makes everything look so easy, and I try ... I really do. I think the things that influence me the most are her wide range of techniques and also the simplicity of her designs. She just makes things pop. I want to be like her when I grow up!

So without further ado, here is my first card:

I based this on the second card in this post. I like how Jennifer uses narrow strips of patterned paper as accents - it's a great way to add contrast without layers. She also enabled me to need these veneer hearts & arrows, so it's only right that I used them here. Two other influences are her use of Glossy Accents on an element on her cards (I covered the heart), and the fan-tail sentiment pieces. Love them!

For my second card, I broke out a new-to-me Hero Arts stamp and my Distress Inks to make this:

It's not my best work ... I didn't get a clean press with the embossing ink, but I think it's still okay. I went over the whole thing with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink, then added some Scattered Straw in the center and edged it with Wild Honey. I decided the sentiment needed some color, so I added a layer of Core'dinations from a small piece in The Heaplet. I was going to add some bling, but I obviously forgot. :/  I may give this one another go.

I'm going back in for some more stamping! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are so cool. Just love your style. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fantastic! Love that first one with the white sentiment panel on white - and the layout and paper. The second one gives me a happy feeling....so sunny looking!
    Great cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your cards, great colors, and I love the font of your sentimens (paper smooches right?)Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love them both - nice layouts and colors.

    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    Come by and visit sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)