Friday, January 16, 2009

Spot The Mistake - The Reveal (Addendum)

I have one minor correction from my Spot The Mistake - The Reveal post. I gave Liz extra points for identifying the following: (I made 2). should be (I made 2.) My response to this was: "Absolutely true. The punctuation should be inside the parentheses at the end of a sentence." which is wrong, wrong, wrong. The punctuation goes inside the closing parenthesis only if the entire sentence is enclosed in parentheses. If it is just a portion of the sentence or a few words at the end of the sentence, then the punctuation goes outside the closing parenthesis.

I just got a new book and daily calendar called "Common Errors in English Usage". You people are in trouble now!

And Liz, don't worry. You'll get to keep your bonus points. ;-)

If you played Spot The Mistake, make sure to send me your mailing address. I am filling up a chair with loot to be divvied up, and I hope to get to the PO tomorrow. Send your address to lqhanna@gmail.com (do NOT post it in a comment, please!)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)