Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BG + MFT + TSG117

What you are about to see is real. Do not attempt to adjust your monitor.

It all started when I saw this sketch from There She Goes and thought, "It's simple, clean lines, there's rrrrrrrrrribbon, I like it!":


I started with this half doily:


which was still out on the top of my UFO pile. Yes, I know it's not a rectangle, but hang in there with me for a sec. That half doily dictated the papers needed to have black in them, so I grabbed my Basic Grey out of print papers. Note to self: buy more.

I decided to flip the sketch 90 degrees, so to assist with the visual, here you go:

Then things got fussy. First I cut this doily with the smaller of my MFT Dizzy Doily Duo:

It is soooo busy! I love it! Here are the other parts for the main sketch, all cut from the same BG pack:

That long white-ish piece is the MFT Solid Bracket Border die. The bird is a single Hero Arts stamp that has just now seen ink. See:

Poor thing, he didn't make the final cut. Here is my finished card:

Whoa! Step back! I KNOW! I have a few details to show you. Here's the sentiment:

(hee hee) It's from my now-open MFT Twisted Sentiments set, and it's the nicest of the collection. I do, of course, own the other MFT Twisted Sentiment sets, too, but this one just worked today. I stamped it on a scrap of acetate, but alas, it totally disappeared into the papers under it, so I cut a piece of light-weight vellum to put behind it for contrast. It's just enough.

On the other side is that stack of doily parts and the anchor end of the sentiment. I liked the small doily so much, I didn't want to cover it up with a flower, so I used one of my huge, clear SU buttons;


It covers the glue dots, but doesn't block the pretty paper.

As for the sketch, I didn't use a bow, but hopefully the tie in the button will count there. If not, I'm okay, because this was so much fun to make!

Okay, back to your regular programming, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. WHOA!!!! Fussy at it's finest. And *this* is totally bitchin'. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Bitchin is right !
    I think yoooou've got it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't bitchy and fussy the same thing? heh

    awesome card, awesome sentiment....i think i need them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! A new level of snarky?

    Hooray for UFO usage + retired BG = a fine work of heART!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked this... and funny thing is... I was working on a card using this sketch earlier tonight...love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your take on the sketch!! Way to think outside of the box. Love it and love the sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)