Friday, July 1, 2011

Clearsnap Color Challenge #2

There are eleventy bazillion challenge blogs on the Interwebz, but I'm picky about which ones I follow (no time - Google Reader already owns me) and then of those, which ones I actually do. There are color challenges (if it has pink or a light purple, not gonna do it), sketches (my favorite), "use your s-crap" (um, okay), all sorts of stuff.

When it comes to color challenges, it needs to hit me right between the eyes to rise to the top of the heap, and this week's Clearsnap: Color Challenge #2 did just that. Lookie:

The Clearsnap colors are Sea Glass, Canary, and Scarlet. In SU terms, I saw Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, and Poppy Parade. Then I cheated a little and changed Pool Party to Baja Breeze, because in my world it's close enough. Plus, those were the colors in my paper.

Here's my card:

Yeah, I know, it's crooked. I have a reputation to uphold, you know. Actually, I may leave the house Sunday and purchase a tripod. If there are sales, I'm staying home until the crowds clear, but it's at least on my list of things to do, and I thank you all for hanging with me through these terrible photos.

ANYway, the papers are from the new Just Add Cake DSP from SU. The sentiment is from the Happy Greetings set (Summer mini, p 26) and is stamped with Poppy Parade ink. The layers are Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze and Basic Black. Ribbons are Daffodil Delight grosgrain topped with a piece of Baja Breeze Seam Binding.

I may play again and use Pool Party instead of Baja Breeze. We'll see how things go this weekend. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wowza - that is a stunning combo, and I love that paper too!! You rocked the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. I like your colours. The Baja breeze is a wonderful colour to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thank you for playing in the Color Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)