Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fifth Avenue Floral, Over Easy

I have had an incredibly busy, yet awesomely unproductive day. I hate intensely dislike it when my Sundays go like that. I have tried to CASE no fewer that 5 different cards, by SU Demos no less, and failed in every execution. Much card stock has been sacrificed today in the Captain's Quarters.

The last sheet of card stock gave it's life for this:


which was HUGELY inspired by this card. It is so simple to make, yet I kept messing it up, so if I expect The Ladies to make this and not stage a walk-out, I needed to make it work without too much effort.

I mean, how simple is it to ink up an acrylic block and stamp it onto a piece of card stock. Well *I* messed it up at least 6 times. I finally figured out that since the block is rigid, it won't necessarily touch all of the card surface. For this one I "stamped" the block onto the card stock, then while it was still stuck, I flipped it over and rubbed my thumb over it to make sure it was all touching the block.

I used a smaller block than the one I CASED, so I used a smaller image from the set, too. I tried a piece of the Pool Party ruffled ribbon under the gingham, but it was too much, so I went with just the plain gingham.

You may have noticed the center of the flower looks a bit odd:

That's because I couldn't decide on Silver or Gold Smooch for the stamen (Those ARE stamen, right? And who said High School science would never come in handy?) so I did a few of each. This way The Ladies can choose which one they like better without having to hose their own projects. I've already hosed mine. In more ways than you'll ever know. It's a service I provide for my classes so they can make theirs right, not like mine. ;/

So there you have it, I've been awake for over 12 hours and I've made one. stinking. card. My life rocks. Good thing I love this gig so much.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details: Card stock -Whisper White and Pool Party; Ink- Pool Party and Basic Black; Stamps - Sincere Salutations, Fifth Avenue Floral; Accessories - black gingham ribbon, acrylic block D, Smooch paint.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love that teeny black gingham ribbon. So sweet and it sets off the stamp & paper so perfectly. I normally would have said to go with the silver smooch for the stamen, but in this case I think that the gold is so much more of a contrast so much more striking. I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)