Time for this week's Jingle Belles Rock challenge! Our Guest Belle, Ros, came up with the VERY clever theme of "Oh, HOLE-y Night" (hee hee) and has challenged us to put a big ole hole in the front of our cards. This is also known as a window card, or an aperture card, or ... you get the idea.
This was not my first card. Nope. My first one was soooo cute, and then I ruined it by trying to put Ranger red Distressed Stickles around the opening. OMG, what a mess. I started over, only this time I got smart and cut the red circle with my Nestabilities. Sigh. Oh, wait, then when I was pulling out the little stamps to make this card, I set the rest of the package down on top of the wet red Stickles, so when I picked it up and put it down the wet Stickles went everywhere, then I couldn't figure out why *I* had red Stickles all over ME. Like I said - what a mess.
So these are retired SU papers and the images are from the Paper Smooches' Swanky Snowdudes set.
Things I learned while making this card:
1. This particular die from that set of Nesties does not cut out all the little shapes in the petals. Just the one.
2. Cutting more of the same shape will not make the little shapes in the petals appear.
3. Even when you use a shim with the Big Shot to make it a tighter fit.
4. Not even the third time.
5. I should have put the blue card stock under the DSP before I punched out that hole. The paper is flimsy, and even the 24534 Dimensionals I have under it don't disguise that.
6. That red ribbon is kinda neat there, but this will never fit into an envelope.
7. I may have used a few too many pieces of red bling.
8. I added some Ice Pearl stuff to the top of the pole the bird is sitting on (on which the bird is sitting), and I feel compelled to tell you it is not bird poop.
9. Crafting on a Friday night is not the best plan in my world.
That's it! Kinda fun! And no, I have no plans to mass-produce this.
Now go grab some punches or Nestabilities or a shape-cutter thingie, make a window card, and come play over at Jingle Belles Rock! You'll be glad you did. :)
Thanks for stopping by!