Sunday, July 24, 2011

Play Date Cafe # 91 - B&W + Color

As I blurf this weekend for more ideas and inspiration, I see a lot of my go-to bloggy friends have been playing this week's The Play Date Cafe color challenge:

to use black and white and any one color, but just a splash.

Luckily for me I'd been eyeing the piece of black & white paper in the Basic Grey lauderdale 6x6 pad that was still out on my desk. (ahem) I also had a scrap of the orange left from the previous two cards I'd made, so I created this:

Too easy. And yeah, I know the stamped image (from Stamping Scrapping - made for Nesties - whoot!) is a little off, but it's my 4th attempt, and I was getting just a little frustrated. I'm used to stamping, then cutting, but these are such a good fit, the die hides the lines. I was reduced to cutting first, then attempting to align the clear stamp over the die-cut piece, and well ... sigh. They don't call me the crooked stamper for nothing. ;/

I'm going in for more! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't noticve it was slightly off until you said! Nice idea - love the little hint of orange added at thetop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that paper and great use of the colour splash! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did orange as my pop of colour too! I love your card, that orange is just fab, as Julia said I love how you've added the hint of orange at the top too! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)