Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Two Stamp Camp Cards

I am still in "OMG my classes are this weekend and I don't have projects" mode, so when my SU order arrived on my doorstep yesterday, I made two cards.

This first one is a hybrid - part digital, part real stuff:

I love this digital image from Stampin' Up! Loooove it! It's part of a whole card image, but I just wanted to use the flowers part, so I selected just that portion of the image. That's the one thing that I like about digital - you can crop and size to your heart's content.

I layered the image on a piece of Pool Party to show off one of the new In Colors, then added a sentiment from Delightful Dozen and a piece of our new yummy Ruffled Ribbon, both Calypso Coral - another new In Color (and it may be my new favorite color, but don't tell the others).

Next up, I grabbed the Triple Treat Flower stamp (one of the A La Carte stamps) and made this:

I have to say I was influenced by a card I saw that was made with a layered flower and a strip of the lace punch, but I cannot find it now. If you know the card I'm talking about, please let me know and I'll link it up here.

I stamped the flower twice in two colors - twice in Calypso Coral and twice in Island Indigo. What I love about this stamp is it works with both the Fancy Flower and 5-Petal Flower punches and is soooo easy to layer. It's totally fabby! I punched one of each color with the Fancy Flower punch, then the Coral one with the 5-Petal punch. To punch out the circle of the Indigo I had to cut into the flower so it would reach. :(

When the flower parts are layered, the effect is amazing! I popped up the 5-Petal flower on Dimensionals to give it an additional ... dimension.

To show you some color comparisons, here are two, one of which I did with the WRONG COLOR:

Both use Island Indigo, but the one on the left is Calypso Coral, while the one on the right is Dusty Durango, which I actually like a little better, but is unfortunately retired. Oh, well, I guess I'll be a Good Demo and use the current color.

I just this moment realized I now have two cards that use the same color ink. I guess I know how I'm setting up my tables this month... both of these projects will be sharing an ink pad, so they'll be on the same table. See? Nothing has changed. Sigh.

I still have one more to design, or more likely CASE, for this weekend.

I still have company, and I'm eating my way though the week. I think we're both still full from last night's dinner, so we'll wait until noon to decide if we want to eat out again this evening. We may just gnaw on some lettuce. :/

Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, the end justifies the means - two gorgeous cards! I do like the Dusty Durango better, too - why do they get you hooked on a color only to discontinue it?? I really like that flower stamp, too and have one of the punches that it matches. I haven't seen the new catalog yet, and that's probably just as well since I'm broke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh cool cards....I really am loving the SU stuff you create but I am trying to be strong...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)