It's time for another round of Spot The Mistake! This time I ask you to go to this post and find at least one mistake. It could be anything - you tell me. I know of one, but you guys are good, and you usually find more.
Prizes. I need prizes. I'll go into The Captain's Quarters and find something. I'm sure I have two of something. It will be a surprise for all of us.
1. Enter as many times as you like.
2. You can list multiple finds per comment.
3. I don't care how many you find.
4. I reserve the right to tell you what you found is NOT a mistake.
5. Be nice. I am a delicate flower.
6. There is no #6.
7. Leave your comment(s) on THIS post.
8. Comments must be posted by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday the 13th, just to make it exciting.
9. Winner will be chosen mostly randomly, by a pretty-much scientific and maybe fair process.
Good luck! And thanks for stopping by!
I'll give it a shot - abbreviation vs abbreviations?ReplyDelete
The one your probably looking for is that 'abbreviation' is missing an s.ReplyDelete
The one this Canadian seen right away was the misspelling of coloring.... ha!! ;-)
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
1) abbreviation should be abbreviations in the first sentence (I intentionally did not capitalize so as to avoid confusion)ReplyDelete
2)the sentence starting "And at 8:01am..." should really not be a new sentence unless you remove the and
3) Last paragraph first sentence: probably should have "well,..." be a new sentence
And no, I don't want to win. I just thought I'd see if I could find anything
Yep, what Max said. I don't want to win either, it is reward enough to spot the mistakes now and again on your posts since they are fairly few and far between (except the intentional ones, of course).ReplyDelete
You wrote abbreviation instead of the plural :)ReplyDelete
Ps you're awesome
abbreviation should be abbreviations!ReplyDelete
I'll start by saying that as a teacher and a bit of a grammar nerd, I love this exercise. Aside from the "abbreviations are" or "abbreviation is" that everyone's been pointing out, "stoppit" caught my attention. Two words and just one "p," right? :)ReplyDelete
Oooo, fun game!ReplyDelete
1) abbreviation should be plural
2) what about "...letters that were too large to spell out Thanks,..." should that thanks be in quotes?
3) what about, "...I was actually following a sketch. This one from Retro Sketches". Should the sentence with Retro Sketches say, "This one is from Retro Sketches"?
Thanks for the fun game :)
Arrgghh!! I must be getting old or am totally in your zone as after reading, learning and inwardly digesting I didn't spot a thing...not a jot...'nuf said. ;-)ReplyDelete
No 's' after abbrevationReplyDelete
stoppit....should be stop it
You started a sentence with - 'And'(not good)at 8:01.
Don't think you need a comma after - amused and then
"The one set I have is too blue to work here. Sigh." - maybe a comma between the words; here and Sigh and don't need capital 'S' on sigh.
The first sentence should be either abbreviation is OR abbreviations are...ReplyDelete
That is just all kinds of cute!!!ReplyDelete
I don't care how you spell it....you are hilarious and I love reading what you write as much as looking at your cards....maybe more. I laugh every time I read something new off your blog! My husband always wants to know, "what's so funny in there?" Thanks for all the great laughs!!ReplyDelete