Saturday, January 7, 2012

Another 2-Fer

I am still in challenge mode, though I am slowing down a bit. I love using up stuff!!!! I might find the top of my table by the end of the weekend. (Okay, maybe not.)  This next card is a combination of two challenges. I started with the sketch from Skipping Stones Designs:


and this color combo from Stamping 411:

and made this:

This is like my third pass at an idea; my first two hit the bin. :( But I DID NOT GIVE UP! And I managed to succeed in making a rare SU-Only card to boot! I think the most exciting moment (short of cutting the paper strips mostly straight) was when I stamped the sentiment straight on the first try! I did practice on the grid paper like I always do, but I was so happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Did you hear me squee?

Now that I look at this, I probably should have tied the knot on the other side for better balance, but you know what? I'm okay with how it turned out anyway. :) I might be suffering from challenge fatigue.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty! Your measurments are perfect on this. Cool card.

    Yay for using up stuff! Can you see more than a 6"x6" area of your table yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!
    You've been busy today!
    Like all the cards you've posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So colorful and fun! you are a card making machine today! So glad I can see when you update on Google Reader! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhh, I like that one. The color combinations is very pretty and I love the pointy parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The colors are wonderful...really like the embossing and the pointy ends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!! What a great idea for just about any card you'd need--just change up the colors!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love the way you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I love how 3D it looks and I'm pretty sure those are my favorite SU colors of ALL TIME! You made me all yelly over your card!

    I'll throw in a SQUEEE too :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)